2011-2012. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wash Your Hands!

We are wrapping up our Microbes Unit. The students are working on a project during ELT. I let students bring in props, build props, use technology, and they have blown my mind! I am loving all of this creativity. One group has finished up their project, and I wanted to share!

First, take a look at what I gave them for options on this project:

*Write from the viewpoint of the microorganism. Explain how you cause people to get sick.

*Compare and contrast two different microorganisms.

*Write why it is important for people to wash their hands.

*Write a paragraph explaining the importance of microorganisms to humans. Identify at least 3 ways and give an example of each.

*Write an explanation of the role a microorganism plays in an ecosystem.

*Write about how to prevent the spreading of germs in the classroom or in the school.


These ladies wrote a commercial script on why it's important to wash your hands!

Check it out!




Also, a big thanks to Mr. Wilcox for the music! We enjoy singing the songs Mr. Adams and Mr. Wilcox write! That's right teachers, I work with two incredible musicians!

Let us know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Doss & students,
    I am unable to view the video due to the school's settings, however, I wanted to say how proud I am that your students are being PROACTIVE in preventing the spread of germs by washing their hands! Keep up the great work 5th Grade!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    -Nurse Erin

    ReplyDelete